Wednesday 20 May 2015

Trip Back to Teluk Intan

An impromptu trip back to the best place - for me, Teluk Intan! 

You are probably wondering where on earth is Teluk Intan, like.. is there such place in Malaysia, or in more specific - Perak?? HAHA. Well, yes. There is - and no, it's not in Ipoh. It's somewhere after Bidor (technically, you will pass by Bidor town to arrive to Teluk Intan) and before Ipoh. Maybe you've heard of the famous leaning town?!?! That's where you can find TI (teluk intan)!

I'm sure all of you would have a place like this, where it's secluded yet carries a great meaning to you.  Usually it would be your hometown, but I known some people that dislike your hometown because it's boring and all. 

For my hometown, it can count as boring if you're looking for some fascinating activities to do BUT if its food that you come for - you're in the right place. 

Let's get straight into it: Breakfast. 



Coffee at TI somehow taste better in Subang even though it's home made LOL. I strongly feel this is a biased opinion HAHA. 

Okay, so first off is glutinous rice (chi bi beng) - they serve it with some kind of sweet pork and curry prawn. Apparently the best glutinous rice owner has stop selling so this is the substitute goods. Oh well, many sad.

Next up,




Let me present to you: TI Chee Cheong Fan. If you think KL is good, you have yet to try this. 

I honestly think this is by far the best chee cheong fan, where it they wrap the chee cheong fan (i think) with filling inside and it's so good!! Uncle/Aunt/Gonggong/Popo please don't stop making this ok, or you can teach me to master this recipe if you want to retired. Don't just suddenly poof - no more, I iz will cry you a river. 

My dad's all time favourite,


Fish Ball that is good and has no fishy smell/taste like some other fish ball that I've eaten before.

FYI: I ate all of the above for BREAKFAST only. 

Late Lunch:


It took me awhile to realise what was the painting about HAHA. At first glance, i thought they simply splash paint for design. 


I think this is quite interesting.



Sometimes I am amazed with my ability to look horrifyingly dumb/ugly/goofy.


Asam Laksa. Anyone?




Char Kuey Teow! Yums.

There used to be a char kuey teow stall that opens late at night (probably the only stall that opens late at night that I am aware of) but it has closed, permanently. 

After lunch, we went around town while waiting for our mom & aunt to shop, and snap anything interesting;

This bicycle actually belongs to the customer in the restaurant next to it and he stood up to see when we took picture with his bicycle HAHA. *touristmode: on.


A cute popo selling vegetables in a wheel-barrow! How unique, and look how happy the popo is:


Then my aunt also decided to sell vegetables LOL, I sent this to my whatsapp group caption:
"Found some familiar-relative selling vegetables in TI! Please send help, we need to go Police Station file claim on missing person!" - HAHAHA
Moving on to visiting our grandma's sisters.




I just found out that this swing belongs to my grandmother - the swing we used to sit when we were young! How nostalgic. I notice that the swing designs are the same, I thought that they all bought the swing at the same time haha.

Before we knew, it's Dinner Time!


Hello there, adorable crabs which I am about to eat you. I'm sorry but you are too good. I wish we didn't have to meet like this, I really like you. This is such a sad departure. LOL #bipolar. #gurlpleasemakeupyourmind.


Pucuk Paku.


Fried Lotus Stem.


Curry Fish Something HAHA.


Fried Praying Mantis Prawn.


Crabz.


Balitong (as I am familiar with).

I'm not sure if there are other names for it. Technically, it's like a snail but a different type and it taste good hehuhehu. Although, that day's dish is not so yummy. I think it's their sauce, it's too wet and they used a lot of tomato. Usually, people fried it with chilli paste and there is some sauce just not as much as that.

There is a shop at Nan King, Taipan if you want to try! Theirs is quite good too.

And here's a friend that I meet:


My sisters were able to stuff themselves with the famous Gulam Nasi Kandar and I'm like omg I kenot do this already LOL. I'm going to bed, Good night. 

Next morning, our last breakfast before we come back: Bak Kut Teh. Just when you think breakfast can't get any fuller - it's about to go onto a whole new level LOL. 

Joking, it's actually branch because we ate quite late.


Dry Bak Kut Teh.


Beloved Squid.


Steam Big Fish Head.


Normal Bak Kut Teh.


Tau Geh.


Kai Lan (i think!).


Marmite Prawn.

and Finally,



Let's feast!

So what do you think? Let me know, xx!

No comments:

Post a Comment